Nonprofit Technology Solutions Manager
Full-Time, Exempt position in San Francisco, California - Remote employees will be considered
As the leader of a team, you will be a technology “Evangelist” responsible for supporting nonprofits in determining the technical solutions, services, and skills they need in order to increase their technical capacity and further their mission objectives. We seek a candidate who has the background of sales and is excited to build out a “sales” practice with a different goal and outcome in mind. We want to make sure organizations are adopting solutions that will help them meet their mission objectives!
We are looking for an experienced team leader to create a new practice at our nonprofit, help shape business processes and develop the skills of our team in order to “prospect and land new business opportunities.” The ideal candidate will be well-versed in sales with a passion for strategy. The twist? Landing a business opportunity is not only measured in revenue - but in the impact that we can create for nonprofits. If you are looking for a new challenge and are motivated by mission..join us!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a small team of evangelists to drive more adoption of technology to help nonprofits accelerate their own mission objectives
- Create and implement defined processes and standards for engaging nonprofits and moving them through a process of prospecting, qualification, consultation, and ultimate solution proposal
- Support team members with training, mentorship, and guidance
- Create team goals and key performance indicators to map to TechSoup OKRs (Objectives & Key Results)
- Work closely with your team to productively contribute to the team's workload, communicate status and updates in designated tracking tools, for smooth transitions and backfilling for each other’s leads and accounts.
- Work across teams at TechSoup to share customer feedback, solicit insights on customers, learn about new products and solutions that are available to organizations
- Amplify the Voice of the Customer within TechSoup, representing the customers’ technical interests, generating insights, removing obstacles, and influencing engineering roadmaps
- Manage Team Responsibilities to:
- Create and distribute technical products, licenses, services, and courses to nonprofit accounts by leveraging consultative selling strategies and fostering a deep understanding of buyer needs to offer the best solution possible for organizations
- Identify opportunities for nonprofits to leverage TechSoup services to increase the adoption and effectiveness of their new technology purchases
- Serve as the voice of the customer to advocate for enhancements to the user journey and experience, and to recommend needed services and courses.
- Conduct initial outreach to qualified leads via email, phone call, or other defined outreach methods, to better understand the customer’s technological needs and opportunities.
- Develop program knowledge and product/service expertise in order to effectively support the consultative sales process within strategic accounts
- Establish and build relationships with key decision makers and economic buyers
- Coordinate with Marketing to ensure appropriate Above the Funnel (ATF) activities are taking place, and therefore providing steady lead source
- Provide NGOs with a holistic solution to their technology needs; coordinate with specialty resources, as needed
- Work with technical and program teams to develop solutions for complex customer scenarios
- Identify strategic accounts for possible bulk handling
- A proven sales hunter and closer with experience using consultative-selling methods
- Experience with leading sales teams and establishing operational tools and metrics, and motivating for shared goals
- 3+ years selling software or related service; Proven track record of sales excellence
- Experience - 3+ years of success in complex technical engagement management and/or program management required
- Experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, subscription models and migrations preferred. Knowledge of market trends and competitive insights preferred.
- Experience establishing trusted advisor relationships and leading discussions with various partners and executives
- Demonstrated ability to understanding the ecosystem of cloud services products, software sales cycles, and associated strategies and tactics
- Strong customer orientation and service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management & multi-tasking skills
- Proactive and energetic approach, flexible
- Strong alignment with TechSoup’s core values: Promote Trust, Courage, Be Resourceful, Strive for an Equitable Planet, Be Relevant, Inspire
- Excited about taking for-profit expertise and applying in a nonprofit environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.