Technical Customer Success Manager
(For U.S. roles, TechSoup only hires from the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, New Jersey, New Mexico,New York,Ohio,Oklahoma,Oregon,Pennsylvania,South Carolina, Tennessee,Texas,Utah,Virginia,Washington, Wisconsin)
We believe in using technology for the greater good.
We’re a fully remote, diverse team, working from all parts of the world. We invite you to join us in our mission to build a dynamic bridge that leverages technology to enable connections and innovative solutions for a more equitable planet.
TechSoup is a global nonprofit social enterprise that connects NGOs with mission-critical resources worldwide. For over 30 years, we’ve been building partnerships with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe. Together, we are committed to helping organizations grow via our unifying technology platform, resources, and connections. Those organizations, in turn, build a brighter future for tens of millions of people. We serve both the smallest and largest nonprofits around the world through sustainable, low-cost, self-service offers delivered at scale. To date, we have enabled more than 1.4 million organizations in over 230 countries and territories receive technology tools, resources, and funding with a retail value of more than $19.1 billion. We are constantly evolving.
As technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits have the resources they need to build a brighter future for their communities.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join our global team.
About the Role
The Customer Success team works closely with TechSoup’s existing nonprofit customers to help them get the most out of the technology sourced through our product catalog. As a Technical Customer Success Manager, you will serve as a trusted technical advisor to key contacts, manage the progression of each account, and identify opportunities to add more value to the relationship. This role will directly report to the Senior Customer Success Manager. This role will help customers use the solutions they’ve purchased while recommending complementary solutions that also fulfill other organizational needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct technical consultations with appropriate contacts within Non-Profit organizations.
- Stay abreast of technology trends in the non-profit arena and learn the technical basics of the major products in the TechSoup catalog.
- Drive retention and growth among our strategic customers by understanding their organization’s mission and helping them to succeed through the most optimal and relevant use of technology in their environment
- Capture vendor details surrounding customer technology stacks across all value channels
- Establish proactive cadences with strategic accounts to drive the adoption of offerings, including products, solutions, services, and training
- Send, collect, and analyze the Net Promoter Score
- Provide NGOs with a holistic solution to their technology needs; coordinate with specialty resources as needed
- Identify and land expansion opportunities to existing nonprofit accounts by leveraging consultative selling strategies and fostering a deep understanding of buyer needs to close the right opportunities for them
- Track account spending and expansion to demonstrate growth with the TechSoup product catalog.
- Leverage program knowledge and expertise to effectively consult with customers to provide the best recommendation for the adoption and expansion of offerings
- Demonstrate technical expertise to support organizations in determining the right solution, aiding them in adoption, and supporting them through problem resolution
- An intermediate level of understanding of Microsoft on-premises and cloud products and services
- Hold or be willing to obtain any combination of fundamental and or associate level MS certifications
- A working understanding of additional cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP & or Oracle along with a willingness to obtain fundamental certification in the aforementioned
- Ability to leverage existing documentation and resources, as well as generate new materials, as a part of the pre, advisory, and post advisory process with customers
- Maintain team SharePoint site(s) and other daily workflow activities across a variety of technology platforms including but not limited to: Google Workspace, HubSpot, Zen Desk
- Must be able to track work related activities, including customer engagements, product quotes and any internal projects or tasks
- Being able to analytically present work-related outcomes (Excel, Power BI, Tableau, Jupiter Notebooks or equivalent technology)
- 2+ years in a customer success manager or pre-sales technical solutions role, with a proven ability to talk about Cloud products and offerings
- Base technical knowledge of specific products, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office 365, Power Apps, PowerBI, and Power Automate
- Existing Microsoft 365 Certifications preferred (MS-100, MS-900) but not required. Interest in attaining certifications a strong plus.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g., Sales, Services, Marketing, Training, and external partners)
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a constantly changing environment.
- Deep technical understanding of cloud products and ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Strong consultative and service skills
- Experience establishing trusted advisor relationships and leading discussions with various partners and executives
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong follow-through, organizational, and time management skills required
- Flexible and adaptable to change and can work effectively in ambiguous situations
- Positive attitude and persistence
- Strong alignment with TechSoup’s core values: Promote Trust, Show Courage, Be Resourceful, Strive for an Equitable Planet, Be Relevant, Inspire
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
☐ Remote/Home Office
- Promote Trust: We listen to and learn from each other. We practice openness, collaboration, fairness, and sharing for the greater benefit of all.
- Show Courage: We step forward to create an open dialogue about complex issues and work together to forge ahead.
- Be Resourceful: We are problem solvers and constantly aim to find creative solutions to get the job done.
- Strive for an Equitable Planet: We are devoted to fostering respect, inclusion, and tolerance.
- Be Relevant: As global citizens in the changing landscape, we strive to better serve our communities, our colleagues and stakeholders, and the world at large.
- Inspire: We innovate and find new ways to create impact, to inspire, and to engage others.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
The base salary range for this full-time remote position is $44,000-$74,000 plus benefits. TechSoup determines salary ranges based on role, level, and location. The range reflects the minimum and maximum targets for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Individual pay is determined by location and other factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, business needs, and market demands. TechSoup offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and other perks.