We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
TechSoup seeks an Information Systems and Operations Manager with a background in information technology, systems administration and deployment, application, and infrastructure to help build, operate, and maintain our internal and external systems. The ideal candidate will be an IT expert with experience in management, infrastructure design and support, vendor management and internal customer support. The Information Systems and Operations Manager will provide oversight, troubleshooting and resolution of computer related problems, be responsible for daily monitoring of Information Systems functions and helpdesk staff. The Information Systems and Operations Manager will drive initiatives relating to network and system optimization and improvement.
As a member of the Techsoup technology management team, this role will work closely with enterprise wide and cross departmental teams and lead initiatives that optimize and scale our system infrastructure and business application support. You will have responsibility for executing initiatives to build and support our next-generation infrastructure platforms to scale a complex global, multi-language suite of systems to serve a wide variety of users and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and improve corporate information systems including networks, servers, messaging, email internal applications, and VoIP phone systems. Assess performance, develop improvement plans and implement solutions and integration plans to drive continuous improvement. Develop, execute and maintain long-term capacity plans.
- Oversee end-to-end lifecycle design, execution, implementation and testing of business continuity solutions (disaster recovery, high availability, email retention, and antivirus, etc).
- Oversee design, deployment and periodic evaluation / audit of system backups, operational monitoring tools, security policies and internal audits.
- Support platform engineering teams in timely delivery of infrastructure
- Lead network design projects that identify, assess, and develop detailed requirements for upgrading existing networks as well as re-architecting network segments in order to facilitate new requirements, technologies and growth.
- Define processes and procedures to update and patch equipment and software.
- Oversee internal technology customer support and helpdesk functions. Train staff in the use of industry best practices, established engineering methodologies and document procedures.
- Provide leadership to teams of internal professionals and external service providers that are responsible for consistent operational support.
- Project oversight of key technology initiatives, ensuring infrastructure is aligned with current and future business requirements.
- Evaluate new systems and tools, provide analysis and make recommendations.
- Assist with managing and maintaining Data Center and corporate office infrastructure, and support data security compliance initiatives.
- Oversee the technology assets procurement, including servers, client machines, and mobile devices. Through building and maintaining vendor relationships to track and recommend renewals for all licensed software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or related field or equivalent.
- MBA or MS in computer systems management preferred
- 10+ years experience with system operations and support, implementation and management of information resources concentrated in Infrastructure Systems Support, including Local Area Networks, enterprise servers, messaging systems and phone systems.
- 5+ years direct management experience.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of lean and agile software development practices preferred.
- Cisco, Microsoft, AWS or other computer certifications preferred.
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and verbal, with proven ability across all levels, both inside and outside the company.
- Strong customer service focus and experience working with end-users and senior leadership.
- Ability to work in both strategic and operational (implantation) environments.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to various components of an office environment such as florescent lighting, pollen, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, VDTs, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise.
- The Manager will need to be available for technical support during off hours to help share responsibility for operability of our 24/7 environment and identify utilize the resources needed to support new revision or future development
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.