Validation Services Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Temporary to Full Time
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
The Validation Specialist (VS) processes account qualifications for product donations and validation requests for NGOs and authorized representatives of NGOs (“Agents”) to determine eligibility per the eligibility requirements of TechSoup and its partners. This position also supports NGOs and Agents to address inquiries, including issues related to registration, qualification, and program eligibility for product donations and eligibility services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow established procedures to verify the NGO status of applying organizations and the validity of their authorized contacts. Qualify approved organizations to receive product donations and/or approval for validation services.
- Ensure accurate and thorough organization data in multiple database systems.
- Respond to customer inquiries through email, phone, and fax, documenting all activities in a database.
- Respond appropriately to escalations from NGOs, authorized contacts, and donor partners.
- Collaborate with other teams and global partners to support the daily operations of validation services and product donation programs.
- Contribute to the launch, design, and pilot efforts of new programs and services, including process documentation and improvement.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes related to qualification and validation; collaborate on solutions.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings to increase knowledge, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Maintain individual performance against department standards, settings goals and seeking guidance or intervention from direct Supervisor to achieve desired results.
- Assist customers with navigation through TechSoup and partner websites, as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- At least one year experience in a high-volume customer service center responding to calls and emails highly desirable.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Application Suite and CRM or other database systems, familiarity with standard computer hardware, and Internet navigation proficiency.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of technology products preferred.
- Excellent customer service orientation, with the ability to be polite and patient.
- Demonstrated ability to be punctual and adhere to attendance policies.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, research, prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Ability to work independently and with others to resolve problems and handle requests.
Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands
- Prolonged telephone duties using handset, headset, and computer, as well as capacity to dial or otherwise use telephone to place calls.
- Prolonged keyboard duties.
- Access, input and retrieve information from a computer to produce typed copy, free of errors, without the assistance of another person.
- Willingness and capacity to work in a cubicle environment at a workstation, and to come and go repeatedly throughout the day as is necessary, to perform various responsibilities.
- Visual acuity in order to perform activities such as viewing a computer monitor for extended periods of time, analyze data and figures, and read books, files and other materials.
- Capacity to communicate and enunciate adequately, in person or via telephone, in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the employee is speaking.
- Capacity to pick up, leaf through, books, files, and other materials.
- Willingness and capacity to sit for minimum periods of two hours at a time.
- Capacity to reach forward to a high of 48 inches, to a low of 15 inches, to the side 54 inches and to the low side 9 inches above the floor.
- Ability to lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to load discs and to change settings, devices, and fixtures on various equipment used in and around TechSoup.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to various components of an office environment such as florescent lighting, pollen, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, Video Display Terminals, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.