Full-Time, Contract position
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
TechSoup seeks a marketing copywriter to help support our mission of helping nonprofits get access to affordable, quality technology. You'll be an integral part of our mission to provide technology and related services to the nonprofits and libraries that need it to serve their communities. If you're a talented writer and want to put your skills to use for the greater good, this is the position for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and write compelling marketing content to support TechSoup's programs and services for nonprofits and libraries. You'll be producing copy for multiple outreach channels, including the TechSoup website, email marketing and newsletters, online advertisements, print collateral, and event materials.
- Work closely with stakeholders to craft messaging about TechSoup's programs and how they benefit the nonprofits that we serve.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Email Marketing Manager on development and execution of effective email outreach campaigns, as well as related landing pages.
- Assist in production of graphics, emails, and landing pages as skill allows. Support day-to-day department activity. You'll be expected to review the marketing calendar, submit and track production requests, and consistently meet established deadlines.
- Adhere to TechSoup style guidelines and brand voice while also honoring the brand guidelines of our partners.
- To bridge the gap between nonprofits with limited resources and technology solutions which can be difficult to understand and explain.
- To work daily with Wrike (project management), HubSpot (marketing platform), and Google Analytics to understand timelines, deadlines, trends and ensure the ball is never dropped in the production process.
- 5–7 years experience as a writer or editor in the fields of marketing, journalism, or UI/UX design.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with a demonstrated track record of creating compelling content. Writing samples welcome!
- Is a creative thinker who can devise new ways of reaching our audience.
- Can translate technical jargon into more accessible language that clearly expresses the benefits of our offerings and resonates with our nonprofit audience.
- Is a team player who works well with others, communicates clearly with colleagues, can take constructive criticism, and is eager to learn.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite apps. Experience with HubSpot or other marketing automation platforms a plus. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is helpful, but not required.
- Strong alignment with TechSoup’s core values: Promote Trust, Show Courage, Be Resourceful, Strive for an Equitable Planet, Be Relevant, Inspire
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.