Mandarin Customer Service Agent
We’re a fully remote, diverse team, working from all parts of the world. We invite you to join us in our mission to build a dynamic bridge that leverages technology to enable connections and innovative solutions for a more equitable planet.
TechSoup is a global nonprofit social enterprise that connects NGOs with mission-critical resources worldwide. For over 30 years, we’ve been building partnerships with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe. Together, we are committed to helping organizations grow via our unifying technology platform, resources, and connections. Those organizations, in turn, build a brighter future for tens of millions of people. We serve both the smallest and largest nonprofits around the world through sustainable, low-cost, self-service offers delivered at scale. To date, we have enabled more than 1.4 million organizations in over 236 countries and territories receive technology tools, resources, and funding with a retail value of more than $19.1 billion. We are constantly evolving.
As technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits have the resources they need to build a brighter future for their communities.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join our global team.
As TechSoup’s Mandarin Customer Service Agent, you will play a key role in empowering Mandarin-speaking NGOs (mainly based in Taiwan) through providing localized customer support for TechSoup’s flagship technology donations and discounts programs.
To date, TechSoup has supported over 2,800+ local NGOs in Taiwan through delivering technology donations & discounts from today’s leading technology providers such as Microsoft, Google, Zoom and more. In TechSoup, not only do we enable NGOs to leave a greater impact, we also enable individuals - such as you! If you join TechSoup as its Customer Service Agent, not only will we enable you to have a meaningful role in helping local communities during these challenging times, but we will also ensure that you are able to do so under a flexible working environment that also opens opportunities for further professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively manage communication platforms of TechSoup’s network of NGOs in Taiwan both in English and Traditional Mandarin
- Provide English to Traditional Mandarin translation support and vice versa, whenever necessary, such as for relevant platform updates, marketing campaigns, and other relevant internal and external communications
- Act as central point of contact for both NGOs and internal TechSoup teams for all concerns/escalations related to TechSoup’s operations in Taiwan
- Manage the delivery of TechSoup’s core programs in Taiwan which includes but is not limited to TechSoup’s validation process and the delivery of tech discounts, donations, services and learning resources
- Maintain all platforms relevant to TechSoup’s core programs
- Fluent in both written and spoken Traditional Mandarin is required
- Strong English communication skills
- 1-2 years prior experience in customer service, helpdesk or any relevant support-related position. Technical experience in popular productivity solutions are highly desirable
- Prior experience in English-Mandarin and Mandarin-English translations are desirable
- Mastery of basic productivity and communication tools such as Microsoft Office, Outlook and Slack to name a few
- Experience in developing content and marketing strategies is desirable, although not required
Skills and Traits:
- Ability to work independently in a remote working setup
- Self-driven and is comfortable working with little or no supervision
- Passion for empowering the NGO/charity/Non-profit sectors across the globe
- Good understanding of tech concepts, trends and popular productivity solutions
- Self-motivated and can work productively with little to no guidance and in collaboration with a remote team
The Mandarin Customer Service Agent for TechSoup APAC will be reporting directly to TechSoup’s Senior Operations Manager on a day-to-day basis through a flexible remote/work-from-home setup.
The successful candidate for the position will be employed as an independent contractor of TechSoup. Locally competitive remuneration (USD 1,300 to 1,750/month) will be provided in line with the candidate’s experience and skill sets.
TechSoup is looking for a candidate that is based in either the Philippines or Taiwan and will be joining the growing TechSoup team based in Manila, Philippines.
- Promote Trust: We listen to and learn from each other. We practice openness, collaboration, fairness, and sharing for the greater benefit of all.
- Show Courage: We step forward to create an open dialogue about complex issues and work together to forge ahead.
- Be Resourceful: We are problem solvers and constantly aim to find creative solutions to get the job done.
- Strive for an Equitable Planet: We are devoted to fostering respect, inclusion, and tolerance.
- Be Relevant: As global citizens in the changing landscape, we strive to better serve our communities, our colleagues and stakeholders, and the world at large.
- Inspire: We innovate and find new ways to create impact, to inspire, and to engage others.
TechSoup Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.