We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives. But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
About the Position
TechSoup is seeking a Director of Communications to join our Global Marketing Team to lead organizational communications and develop strategy in collaboration with the leadership team. This role requires director level vision as well as hands-on responsibilities.
The ideal candidate can seamlessly navigate a matrixed environment and is able to think strategically, manage internal and external resources, as well as produce high quality communications deliverables. Candidates must have stellar writing and story-telling skills, be organized and self-motivated, and be dedicated to making a difference in the world. They will manage all aspects of Comms including PR and, events, while collaborating with various departments across the organization and around the world, and supporting various marketing initiatives such as digital marketing and content development.
This position requires the ability to balance strategy and execution and understand how to fulfill against a variety of stakeholders. For a candidate with 10+ years experience in communications and a proven track record for managing successful campaigns, this is an exciting, fun and rewarding position that promises a wealth of excitement and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
Champion the TechSoup brand by developing effective communications strategies for media representation, events, web and digital properties, and in-person materials.
- Lead collaboration with internal business owners, partners, and external audiences to create Communications and storytelling campaigns aligned with organizational goals.
- Work closely with stakeholders from various TechSoup offices around the world as well as the partners of the TechSoup Global Network to ensure consistent messaging, as well as visual and brand consistency.
- Maintain and track multiple organization wide quarterly metrics and stats
- Work closely with the design team to maintain and develop visual assets that can be published externally
- Ensure that TechSoup’s presence on external touch points is outstanding and up to date
- Oversee TechSoup’s corporate websites, corporate social media, and “About Us” presentations
- Brochure ware
- “About Us” materials (presentations and web content)
- Digital presence of the executive team
- Manage PR contractors to develop press releases and media alerts and to give guidance for media pitches and outreach.
- Monitor external media coverage and compile mentions/clips, maintaining the TechSoup media listings using media database
- Lead the TechSoup’s corporate event strategy: organizing and managing physical conferences and trade shows that we attend as well as host, including strategy, ROI, presentations, collateral, speakers.
- In collaboration with Events Associate, manage attendance at external events and trade shows, and keep the global events calendar up to date.
- Make recommendations for future TechSoup presence at industry events for visibility and awareness
- Create ROIs for conferences and determining appropriate KPIs for corporate outreach
- Work closely with the Community team for TechSoup-produced events
- Work closely with TechSoup Content team, subject matter experts, and executives to develop event content
- Manage external relationships with member and industry organizations to leverage cross-promotional and sharing opportunities
- Thought leadership support and management
- Work closely with senior leadership, content and business teams to develop thought leadership topics and impactful pitches
- Speaker pitching, presentation support
- Develop a speakers bureau of internal TechSoup experts to address topics focused on nonprofits and technology
- Work with executive team to bring out the best in their public presentation style
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Marketing Communications
- Superior written and verbal communication, management, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience developing successful executive level presentations
- A positive can-do spirit and passion for the nonprofit sector
- Self-motivation and an eye for detail with enthusiasm for juggling multiple tasks and working with a great deal of autonomy in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise managing outside vendors and agencies, as well as internal stakeholders and collaborators
- Experience with nonprofit environments preferable, and nonprofit tech a bonus
- Excellent Proficiency in: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive/ Slides
- Knowledge of thought leadership topics in the sector specifically nonprofit capacity-building, technology philanthropy/CSR and digital inclusion a big plus
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and basic design skills a +