Data Protection Program Manager (remote)
- Warszawa, Poland
- Full Time
- Global Data Services
We equip changemakers with transformative technology products, knowledge, and services so they can make social change. We connect unlikely collaborators, including NGOs, social activists, hackers, IT specialists, funders, local authorities, and business partners, thus generating innovative solutions to social challenges. TechSoup Europe (headquartered in Warsaw) leads the design and delivery of TechSoup programs in Europe. It also supports the TechSoup Global Network of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that manage a variety of technology capacity-building programs serving communities in nearly every region of the world.
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team that provides a solid work-life balance helping our nonprofit customers. Our team of mission-focused tech professionals is passionate about moving the social sector forward with transformative applications of technology.
Location: Warsaw, Poland / Remote work opportunity
Your duties and responsibilities
- Supporting enterprise-level data privacy initiatives.
- Leading and managing the implementation of data privacy projects initiatives globally.
- Developing and improving testing procedures to measure and improve the effectiveness of privacy controls.
- Monitoring and auditing compliance with applicable data privacy regulations and making recommendations and driving their implementation.
- Providing oversight and guidance during security incidents and investigations and, ensuring risk assessments and root cause analysis is undertaken.
- Leading ongoing risk assessments of data processing systems to confirm the design of controls is effective and meets regulatory and legal requirements.
- Managing and ensuring monitoring of the data privacy practices across all global offices, and articulating improvement recommendations to TechSoup Compliance Committee.
- Handling inquiries and issues relating to data privacy practices.
- Advising on daily data privacy and data handling matters.
- Drafting and updating data privacy-related documents, policies, and procedures.
- Identifying, evaluating, reporting, and mitigating data security risks.
- Providing periodical and ad-hoc reports on data protection issues.
- Conducting hands-on analysis of datasets across the TechSoup data infrastructure.
Skills and abilities you'll need to accomplish your duties
- Deep knowledge and understanding of data privacy, data handling, and data classification regulations (including GDPR).
- Demonstrated experience in privacy protection (minimum 5 years).
- Understanding of information security principles and best practices.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a relevant field (data protection or law preferable).
- Knowledge of conducting data privacy compliance reviews and audits.
- Ability to analyze large sets of data and draw conclusions.
- Ability to present data privacy and security matters to a non-technical audience and the business value of data security.
- Excellent communication skills and ability and experience of working across a large set of senior stakeholders (C-, VP-, Director-level) and across many time zones.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in the non-profit sector is a plus.
- Experience working in an international data privacy environment.
- Languages: English full proficiency, other languages are a plus.
- Industry qualifications: CISSP / CISM is a plus.
For your contribution and passion, we can offer...
- A supportive environment that provides a work-life balance.
- Benefits package: Premium medical plan, life insurance, pension program PPE, Multisport card.
- Team-building events.
- A range of opportunities to grow within the organization.
- An attractive international working environment where you can meet many new, inspiring people from across the world.
- Possibility to gain experience in social enterprise at a global scale.
- Broad training opportunities (online and offline).
TechSoup is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.