Services Program Director
Full-Time, Exempt position in San Francisco, CA
*Candidates based outside of California and within the pacific time zone will be considered
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
This position will be the driving force behind the success TechSoup’s services and solutions and offerings including the direction and of all aspects of the exploration and launch of new programs, whether directly or through the direct program managers. This includes interacting with executives at external service delivery partners to direct the structuring of new programs, controlling and managing cross-organizational resources for the development, delivery and promotion of new programs, and direct responsibility for the continuous improvement of the donation program and fiscal results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers on the strategy for Services to support the Digital Transformation initiative.
- Partners with the TSGN Partners and regional centers to identify, design and implement service and solution offers that support DT recommendations
- Oversee the design and implementation of new service offers that are valuable and compelling to the social benefit community and which align with TechSoup’s strategic goals.
- Establish and manage the services development plan, roadmap, and milestones for services and solutions delivered both in-house and through partnerships
- Set and meet forecasted targets for revenue and attachment rates, as well as customer satisfaction.
- Drive team’s projects and focus to meet annual service delivery plan deliverables, attachment rates, and revenue goals.
- Deliver quarterly program-level reporting for internal and external stakeholders on program performance to goals
- Analyze existing programs and processes, identify any opportunities to gain efficiencies, and engage with other TechSoup teams to implement changes.
- Contribute to proposal development for special projects and initiatives that involve service delivery
- Works with and supports program managers to collaborate cross functionally with marketing, customer success, sales and support teams.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required skill and knowledge base for successful performance in this role would qualify. Typical qualifications and skills would include:
- Staff management: experience providing guidance, performance evaluations, feedback, and support to direct reports, including guiding decision making based on performance analysis.
- Clear and diplomatic communication skills: ability to communicate (orally and in writing) ideas, objectives, processes and policies clearly so that they can be understood and acted upon easily, particularly for TechSoup and TSGN staff for whom English is a 2nd language and therefore clarity is critical.
- Financial planning and forecasting: generating expected revenue forecasts across all service programs and the assumptions that support that forecast
- Project planning and delivery: experience designing, setting up, and managing new programs or projects involving multiple parties or contributors, including cross-functional team project management and coordination.
- Relationship Building Manages complex multi-function and/or global delivery relationships internally and externally with senior and executive level management.
- Knowledge of or experience working with or in the non-profit sector, and a strong interest in helping non-profits to use technology to improve their ability to fulfill their own mission
- Strong alignment with TechSoup’s core values: Promote Trust, Be Relevant, Be Resourceful, Inspire, Show Courage, Strive for an Equitable Planet
- Travel: regional, national and/or global travel may be required (eventually)
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.