Learning & Training Intern
- Learning Programs
- Student (College)
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
An internship at TechSoup is not just a learning experience; it is an opportunity to be challenged and make a meaningful contribution. You will work on projects that make an impact on the world.
This is a paid, remote position. Candidates must be available to work within normal PDT time-zone working hours (8:00 AM PDT to 4:30 PM PT or 9:00 AM PDT to 5:30 PM PDT, typically).
The People and Culture team at TechSoup provides our staff with Human Resources support as well as training and resources for personal development.
As a Learning and Training Intern, you will work closely with the Training Manager to review material and provide training recommendations to TechSoup’s staff. Particular attention will be given to training materials for managers of people. You will evaluate training content from various learning platforms, including LinkedIn Learning and Pluralsight, identify courses that align with areas of development defined by TechSoup, and create development maps for specific job skills and roles that define education, experience, and exposure areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
Please provide an overview of the intern roles and responsibilities.
- Intern will be responsible for learning company culture, values, and mission. Intern will be responsible for organizing and mapping skills needed for various departments. Some of these skills include people management and development, communication, IT, and business acumen.
- Intern will be primary person reviewing training content. Final content will be chosen in collaboration with Training Manager.
- Intern will create documentation using TechSoup branded slides to communicate recommended Development Maps to TechSoup leaders.
What are the goals for the intern?
- Complete 2 to 4 development maps for TechSoup managers with guidance and supervision
- Compose training material to disseminate the maps to appropriate leaders
- Deliver training sessions for leaders under supervision
- Familiarity with educational theory and different learning styles
- Social networking and Non-profit knowledge preferred
- Familiarity with concepts in Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
- Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Strong communication and leadership skills demonstrated through leadership positions in community, school, or other programs
- Professional, outgoing, energetic personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand with minimal guidance.
- Strong presentation skills and can easily translate complex information into easily consumable insights.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interact in a professional manner with a wide variety of people.
Any combination of education and experience providing the skill and knowledge for successful participation and learning in the internship would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Must be actively and presently enrolled in an accredited college or university at an undergraduate or graduate level.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Please note that this is the only application channel. Applications received through other avenues will not be considered.