CSOs Capacity Building Program Manager
Location: Warsaw, Poland
At TechSoup you will find the raw energy of a start-up, an extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone! We are a non-profit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change.
We connect unlikely collaborators, such as social activists, hackers, designers, government, local authorities, and business partners. Together we try to generate innovative solutions to social challenges. We also build communities so that activists from the region may meet, learn, and share knowledge.
If you think changing the world sounds like a fulfilling way to spend your day, if you want to use your technical and organizational skills to help civil society actors round the world, if you want to work in a fun, challenging, and creative environment, come work with us at TechSoup Europe!
TechSoup Europe (headquartered in Warsaw) leads the design and delivery of TechSoup programs in Europe. It also supports the TechSoup Global Network of civil society organizations (CSOs) that manage a variety of technology capacity-building programs serving communities in nearly every region of the world. TechSoup Europe also has a diverse portfolio of grant programs in Central and Eastern Europe that focus on civic engagement, community resiliency, advancing democratic accountability, and digital education programs funded by a variety of donors.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Purpose of the Role
Currently TechSoup is looking for a CSOs Capacity Building Program Manager who is motivated to make an active and lasting contribution to building a better environment for civil society in Central and Eastern Europe. If you are interested in making impact in the space of civil society and you have an open, positive mindset and a highly collaborative, can-do attitude, we want to hear from you. You will be working closely with the leadership team in Europe, the TechSoup Global Network, and other contributors outside the organization.
CSOs Capacity Building Program Manager is responsible for overseeing all elements of CSOs capacity building program in Central and Eastern Europe (with specific focus on Poland and Hungary) delivered by TechSoup Europe and partners. CSOs Capacity Building Program Manager serves as a program account for the CSOs taking part in capacity building programs and is responsible for creating, facilitating and developing a network of capacity building program grantees, as well as regional and local partners cross CEE.
Your duties and responsibilities
- Leading on designing and developing Capacity Building program (including re-granting) in close cooperation with other program staff especially TechSoup Education Team members.
- Researching and identifying needs of CSOs, and social activists across Europe in relation to technology and civic engagement, media literacy, transparency, and accountability together with program teams and TSE partners.
- Serving as an account for the CSOs participating in the grantmaking and capacity building program.
- Ensuring the tailor made and innovative approach to collaboration and support of CSOs taking part in the capacity building program.
- Responsible for co-designing CSOs capacity development plans by CSOs, ensuring the highest quality and relevance.
- Creating and implementing a strategy and evidence-based interventions to strengthen the quality of capacity building program elements.
- Supporting the project planning, monitoring, performance, evaluation, and reporting including providing Project Manager with relevant inputs to the narrative reports covering the grantmaking and capacity building support delivered to CSOs.
- Overseeing day-to-day capacity building program management including work delivered by CSOs Capacity Building Program POLAND Coordinator, implementation of the administrative procedures, management
- Ensuring that the capacity building program elements are executed in a timely manner, within a budget and more.
Skills you'll need to accomplish your duties
- At least 7 years of experience managing international programs and projects (especially with budgets above 1 million Euro) related to civic engagement area, dedicated to activists and CSOs target audience.
- Proven experience in designing and delivering educational, mentoring, tutoring programs for civil society organizations in Poland.
- Experience in developing strategic documents as program strategies, internal guidelines, and policies.
- BA or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field strongly preferred.
- Significant professional experience working internationally.
- Experience with business metrics and key performance indicators.
- Fluency in Polish and English, both oral and written communications; other language a plus.
What we can offer:
- Full-time job (work from Monday till Friday).
- Flexible working hours.
- Contract of employment.
- Benefits package: Premium medical plan at Medicover, life insurance at MetLife, pension program PPE, Multisport card, access to Modern Health mobile app and LinkedIn learning platform.
- Remote work opportunities with a possibility to visit our office in the center of Warsaw.
- An attractive international working environment.
- Broad training opportunities (online and offline).
- A supportive environment that provides a work-life balance.
An amazing job at a social enterprise supporting non-governmental organizations all over the world is waiting for you.
Join our team now!