Location: Warsaw, Poland
At TechSoup you will find the raw energy of a start-up, an extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone! We are a non-profit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change.
We connect unlikely collaborators, such as social activists, hackers, designers, government, local authorities, and business partners. Together we try to generate innovative solutions to social challenges. We also build communities so that activists from the region may meet, learn, and share knowledge.
If you think changing the world sounds like a fulfilling way to spend your day, if you want to use your technical and organizational skills to help civil society actors round the world, if you want to work in a fun, challenging, and creative environment, come work with us at TechSoup Europe!
TechSoup Europe (headquartered in Warsaw) leads the design and delivery of TechSoup programs in Europe. It also supports the TechSoup Global Network of civil society organizations (CSOs) that manage a variety of technology capacity-building programs serving communities in nearly every region of the world. TechSoup Europe also has a diverse portfolio of grant programs in Central and Eastern Europe that focus on civic engagement, community resiliency, advancing democratic accountability, and digital education programs funded by a variety of donors.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Purpose of the Role
Currently TechSoup is looking for a Communication Manager who is motivated to make an active and lasting contribution to building a better environment for civil society in Central and Eastern Europe. If you are interested in making impact in the space of civil society and you have an open, positive mindset and a highly collaborative, can-do attitude, we want to hear from you. You will be working closely with the leadership team in Europe, the TechSoup Global Network, and other contributors outside the organization.
Communication Manager will be accountable for developing and implementing the Communication Strategy for the CSOs capacity building Program in Central and Eastern Europe (with specific focus on Poland and Hungary). We aim to increase our visibility, profile, and reach throughout Europe, so that the various stakeholders such as CSOs, governments, corporate partners, and funders are aware of TechSoup, understand our work, recognize brand, and the social impact we make. Communication Manager will closely collaborate, guide and support Program Team as well as Program Partners in area of communication.
Your duties and responsibilities
- Developing and implementing effective communication and outreach strategies.
- Content creating – writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels.
- Leading social media marketing activities – creating, managing and growing the organization’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties.
- Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Conducting information and promotion activities (including the organization of meetings with local organizations, participation in conferences and congresses, etc.).
- Preparing detailed media activity reports.
- Evaluating, quality improvement, and development of information and promotion activities.
- Peer reviewing of the Hive Mind Educational Content Manager POLAND work and work of other persons involved in communication.
- Cooperating with Hive Mind Educational Content Manager POLAND on developing and implementing an outreach plan.
- Ensuring timely delivery of own tasks and smooth cooperation and communication with the project team, including project managers, partners, and contractors etc.
Skills you'll need to accomplish your duties
- Min. 5 years of experience in communication roles, including strategic communication (communications, media, digital marketing, PR).
- Experience in the nonprofit sector a must.
- Experience in communication strategies development and execution in CSO sector.
- BA or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in social campaigning, and communication.
- Experience in handling social media channels, online applications and websites (CMS).
- Good knowledge of the graphics application (e.g. Canva, Adobe Cloud).
- Experience in running marketing campaigns (mailings, FB, Ad Words).
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics and other analytical tools.
- Strong working proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in Polish and English, both oral and written communications; other language a plus.
What we can offer...
- Full-time job (work from Monday till Friday).
- Flexible working hours.
- Contract of employment.
- Benefits package: Premium medical plan at Medicover, life insurance at MetLife, pension program PPE, Multisport card, access to Modern Health mobile app and LinkedIn learning platform.
- Remote work opportunities with a possibility to visit our office in the center of Warsaw.
- An attractive international working environment.
- Broad training opportunities (online and offline).
- A supportive environment that provides a work-life balance.
An amazing job at a social enterprise supporting non-governmental organizations all over the world is waiting for you.
Join our team now!