Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Warsaw, Poland / Remote work opportunity
We equip changemakers with transformative technology products, knowledge, and services so they can make social change. We connect unlikely collaborators, including NGOs, social activists, hackers, IT specialists, funders, local authorities, and business partners, thus generating innovative solutions to social challenges. TechSoup Europe (headquartered in Warsaw) leads the design and delivery of TechSoup programs in Europe. It also supports the TechSoup Global Network of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that manage a variety of technology capacity-building programs serving communities in nearly every region of the world.
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team that provides a solid work-life balance in helping our nonprofit customers. Our team of mission-focused tech professionals is passionate about moving the social sector forward with transformative applications of technology.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work closely with IT Team and various stakeholders. You will also be responsible for designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining proper actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzing, designing, implementing and executing test cases by manual test methods.
- Develop and maintain test automation for a complex platform.
- Contribute in defining the overall test plan & approach for team.
- Work actively with the whole team to secure high quality of the delivery.
- Report, handle and verify defects.
- Recommending appropriate actions for test results.
- Close cooperation with Developers and DevOps on a daily basis.
- Help troubleshoot issues.
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects.
- You have at least 1-year experience in a similar position.
- Experience in writing automated tests is welcome and this is the direction in which you want to develop.
- You can think analytically and clearly present and justify your opinion.
- You understand the difference between quality assurance and testing.
- You are patient, accurate and consistent in action.
- You are looking for new challenges.
- Can talk freely in English (or on a communicative level, but want to develop yourself in this area).
- You want to share knowledge as well as learn from others.
- Project management: Scrum in development, Kanban in support.
- Issue tracking tool: Jira.
- Knowledge repository: Confluence.
- Test case management: TestRail.
- Version control system: GIT.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties associated with the position. Further, the description does not constitute a contract between the employee and employer, and the organization maintains the right to change the job duties for this position at its discretion.
For your contribution and passion, we can offer...
- A supportive environment that provides a work-life balance.
- Benefits package: Premium medical plan, life insurance, pension program PPE, Multisport card.
- Team-building events.
- A range of opportunities to grow within the organization.
- An attractive international working environment where you can meet many new, inspiring people from across the world.
- Possibility to gain experience in social enterprise at a global scale.
- Broad training opportunities (online and offline).
TechSoup is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
An amazing job at a social enterprise supporting non-governmental organizations all over the world is waiting for you. Join our team now!
You will find this and other open positions at TechSoup here: https://pl.jooble.org/