Webinar Production Intern
- Student (College)
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
An internship at TechSoup is not just a learning experience; it is an opportunity to be challenged and make a meaningful contribution. You will work on projects that make an impact on the world.
This is a paid, remote position. Candidates must be available to work within normal PDT time-zone working hours (8:00 AM PDT to 4:30 PM PDT or 9:00 AM PDT to 5:30 PM PDT, typically).
The Marketing Team promotes TechSoup donations and services to nonprofits world-wide and free webinars are one of the ways TechSoup provides online webinars designed to inform civil society of digital products to enhance their organizations mission.
The Webinar Production Intern will assist the webinar producer in various pre and postproduction work which includes setting up registration pages, producing the live webinars, managing polls and surveys, reporting success metric post-event, moderating the live event, editing videos, and upload videos to YouTube.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write descriptions and plan weekly webinars for TechSoup members
- Pre and postproduction of webinars including inputting data, surveys, and video editing
- Work with Webinar Producer on creating topics, communicating with speakers, and planning webinars.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, )
- Zoom webinars and meeting, plus creating social media live events (Facebook live)
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector thru work or volunteer experience is a plus (but not necessary)
- Be able to multi-task completing assignments in a short time frame.
- Able to work independently on projects
- Technical skills in video editing
- Communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Interact in a professional manner with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, do repetitive tasks on Excel spreadsheets, and is organized.
Any combination of education and experience providing the skill and knowledge for successful participation and learning in the internship would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Must be actively and presently enrolled an accredited college or university at an undergraduate or graduate level.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Please note that this is the only application channel. Applications received through other avenues will not be considered.