Program Research Analyst, Strategic Partnerships
Full-Time, Exempt position in San Francisco, CA
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
TechSoup is looking for a Program Research Analyst for our Strategic Partnerships team. This person will contribute to the team and TechSoup through researching key, strategic technology verticals to contribute to strategic business development activities. Additionally, this person will be providing a level of administrative support and process evaluation and improvements for the Strategic Partnerships team, and directly providing support to the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships & Legal Affairs. Successful candidates will possess strong research and analytical skills and have interests in the technology and nonprofit sectors.
Our ideal candidate must exhibit strong research skills, a high level of critical thinking, and resilient personal initiative. They should also have experience working independently in an organized and process-oriented manner, while maintaining flexibility and a good sense of humor. Additionally, this person should be adaptable with the ability to learn different technologies, agile with Excel, PowerPoint, and experience with data visualization tools, like PowerBI, would be a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
Market Research (60%)
- Analyze, document, understand, and represent the needs of NGOs, global network partners, internal teams, and prospective corporate partners. Familiarity with customer relationship management and/or sales automation tools is a plus.
- Develop a data-driven competitive landscape analysis for various, strategic technology verticals.
- Provide detailed analysis of specific companies, including organization structures and charts to identify key individuals to forge potential relationships with.
- Identify synergies and potential partnerships with existing TechSoup Strategic and Corporate Partners.
- Analyze and recommend technical options and solutions around key strategic verticals.
- Serve as subject matter expert on specific, strategic technology verticals.
Strategic Offer Development (20%)
- Formulate potential leads for strategic business development purposes.
- Provide in-depth analysis of market position to create and expand product, program, and solution alternatives.
- Work closely with various internal stakeholders to help define potential areas of business development.
- Create and monitor surveys across corporate partnerships and other stakeholders.
- Ability to document potential leads within a shared CRM.
- Keep up-to-date with the technology industry, as well as developments in the nonprofit sector.
Support to Strategic Partnerships Vice President and Team (20%)
- Responsible for providing administrative support to the VP of Strategic Partnerships and Legal Affairs.
- Projects for the Strategic Partnerships team overall.
- Ability to assist with a centralized knowledge management process.
- Manage process evaluations and improvements.
- Experienced research, analytical and presentation skills.
- Prior experience researching technology and technology companies preferred.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to simultaneously think strategically and critically.
- Independent worker, demonstrating strong self-initiative.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills; comfortable interacting with diverse internal and external groups.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with tolerance for ambiguity.
- Domain knowledge of the following: Excel, PowerPoint, NetSuite, and prior CRM experience, along with data visualization experience is a plus.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a process-oriented and organized manner.
- Organized and deadline-driven; able to maintain a high standard of performance.
- Experience interacting with Business Development/Sales teams preferred.
- Corporate sector knowledge and experience a plus.
- Involvement with nonprofits as an employee or volunteer preferred.
- Successful candidates will have the education that will allow them to achieve the outcomes noted above.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.