Account Management Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Temporary to Full Time
Client Services, Entry Level
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
The Account Management Specialist (AMS) provides quality account administration and customer support to address issues relating to registration, qualification, eligibility, product ordering, order status, and order fulfillment. This position reports to a designated Team Supervisor within the Account Management Group. It is critical that the person selected for this position have a positive and uncompromising commitment to schedule adherence, attendance and punctuality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow established procedures to verify the nonprofit status of applying organizations and thereafter qualify approved organizations to receive product donations.
- Respond to customer inquiries through phone, e-mail, and fax, documenting all activities in a database.
- Assist customers with product research and navigation through TechSoup and partner websites.
- Provide limited technical support for products, including troubleshooting and download support.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings to increase knowledge, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Maintain individual performance against department standards, settings goals and seeking guidance or intervention from direct Supervisor to achieve desired results.
- Perform other duties as requested by Account Services Manager or Team Supervisor.
- At least one year of experience in a high-volume customer service center responding to calls and emails highly desirable.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Application Suite and CRM or other database systems, familiarity with standard computer hardware, and Internet navigation proficiency.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of technology products preferred.
- Excellent customer service orientation, with the ability to be polite and patient
- Demonstrated ability to be punctual and adhere to attendance policies.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, research, prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Ability to work independently and with others to resolve problems and handle requests.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged telephone duties using handset, headset, and computer, as well as capacity to dial or otherwise use telephone to place calls.
- Prolonged keyboard duties.
- Access, input and retrieve information from a computer to produce typed copy, free of errors, without the assistance of another person.
- Willingness and capacity to work in a cubicle environment at a workstation, and to come and go repeatedly throughout the day as is necessary, to perform various responsibilities.
- Visual acuity in order to perform activities such as viewing a computer monitor for extended periods of time, analyze data and figures, and read books, files and other materials.
- Capacity to communicate and enunciate adequately, in person or via telephone, in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the employee is speaking.
- Capacity to pick up, leaf through, books, files, and other materials.
- Willingness and capacity to sit for minimum periods of two hours at a time.
- Capacity to reach forward to a high of 48 inches, to a low of 15 inches, to the side 54 inches and to the low side 9 inches above the floor.
- Ability to lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to load discs and to change settings, devices, and fixtures on various equipment used in and around TechSoup.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to various components of an office environment such as florescent lighting, pollen, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, Video Display Terminals, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.