Program Manager, Solutions and Services
Full-Time, Exempt position in San Francisco, CA
*Remote employees will be considered
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
Our Program Managers are responsible for managing all aspects of TechSoup’s service offer development and management including managing relationships with service delivery partners, overseeing messaging for marketing outreach, driving development of related content, results reporting and analysis (what’s working, what’s not), and advocating within TechSoup to solve problems to continuously improve the overall performance of the offers. Program Managers closely coordinate with teams across TechSoup and its regional centers to ensure excellence in delivery.
At TechSoup we work with the organizations that are making a positive difference in the world, from supporting refugees, to exposing human rights abuses, to protecting endangered species. We are a band of dedicated, energetic technology advocates who believe that technology is a powerful enabler for social change. We are looking for someone to develop and manage service offers that will continue to support and sustain nonprofits worldwide so that they can be more effective at driving positive change in the world. Come join us!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new domestic and global service offers to support NGOs based on customer feedback and surveys and create go-to-market toolkits to support the launch of each, including business plans, competitive analysis, financial forecasts, operational processes and marketing outreach strategies.
- Manage the relationships with service delivery partners to ensure customer satisfaction and identify ways to improve the service delivery process and relevance.
- Manage the ongoing performance of each service offer including
- Identify bundling or co-promotion opportunities for services and related products (software/hardware)
- Conduct surveys to obtain market data to expand offerings and/or to assess donor impact.
- Work with internal and external stakeholder to gather input on new programs to be used to iterate and improve the offer.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Outreach & Engagement team on promotion of offers
- Identify opportunities for supporting content to services and solutions
- Monitor operational delivery of the offer to ensure meeting customer expectations
- Engage with the customer success team to make sure they are trained on the offer’s components and target market
- Outline the methodology for globalizing programs to new markets – specifically for those programs that first launch in one country with the intent of expanding to others.
- Work with our global launch manager and global partner network to roll out the new offers, ensuring relevance to the local market (must have time flexibility to interact with partners around the world outside of traditional 9-5 business hours)
- Regional, national and/or global travel may be required
- development of materials documenting benefit of program to recipient organizations (case studies, testimonials, etc.)
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required skill and knowledge base for successful performance in this role would qualify. Typical qualifications and education would include:
- 2-5 years of experience in program or project development or similar role involving the creation-to-launch management of new offers, projects or programs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze program performance, solve problems, and drive solutions into operation.
- Knowledge of or experience working with or in the non-profit sector or other social benefit field, and an interest in helping non-profits improve their ability to fulfill their own mission
Skills and Abilities:
- Clear and diplomatic communication skills: ability to communicate (orally and in writing) ideas, objectives, processes and policies clearly so that they can be understood and acted upon easily, particularly for TechSoup and TSGN staff for whom English is a 2nd language.
- Financial forecasting of program results based on projected adoption or uptake
- Project planning and delivery: experience designing, setting up, and managing new programs or projects involving multiple parties or contributors, including cross-functional team project management and coordination.
- Strong alignment with TechSoup’s core values: Promote Trust, Be Relevant, Be Resourceful, Inspire, Show Courage, Strive for an Equitable Planet
- Travel: regional, national and/or global travel may be required (eventually)
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.