TechSoup is a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Our overriding concern is to help civil society organizations benefit from technology to achieve their missions. We support nonprofits across the globe by providing ICT resources, organizing and providing access to data, convening activists, and sharing knowledge.
The Community Builder and Communication Specialist will be responsible for building and sustaining communities online and offline, developing interaction, dialogue and action around subjects relevant to youth and civic engagement. This role requires experience in multi-stakeholder communications, online and offline social campaigning, organizing and facilitating events, gatherings, workshops, camps, and meet-ups. This is a role tied to a TechSoup Europe project RAGE, which requires close cooperation with project partners’ organizations from Poland, Greece, and France, as well as the lead project manager.
This position requires flexibility and travel in Europe and internationally.
- Community development, and engagement, communicating offline and online with project stakeholders, and beneficiaries, and finding ways of continuous engagement.
- Contributing to design, and supporting implementation of social campaigns addressed to youth in Greece, Poland, and France, in close collaboration with the project’s partners.
- Managing all aspects (including facilitation, and organizing) of online, offline project events, gatherings, workshops, camps, meet-ups based on business requirements, formal constraints, according to TechSoup’s standards, and the project requirements.
- Contributing to developing innovative approaches to community engagement.
- Working closely with the project’s partners and beneficiaries in achieving the project goals.
- Travelling to project sites and ensuring successful delivery of events.
- Planning and implementing communication strategy of projects.
- Content creation – writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels in order to promote the project’s activities; improving existing social media channels content, also in cooperation with partners, experts and subcontractors.
- Social media marketing of projects/initiatives– creating, managing and growing the organization’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties.
- Analytics - Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives. Set up evaluation, feedback, research and continuous communications mechanisms with the existing communities.
- Represent TechSoup at international events and raising our visibility and profile.
- Ensuring timely delivery of own tasks and smooth cooperation and communication with the project team, including project managers, partners, and contractors.
- Excellent own time management and ability to analyze timelines and tasks in the pipeline.
- Ensuring funder satisfaction, with a solid understanding of funders’ formal requirements, and ensuring compliance.
- Reporting according to the donor requirements.
- Using project management tools prescribed by TechSoup.
- Supporting creation and management of project working plans and working budgets.
- Supporting set up of standardized, actionable KPIs, and its monitoring and reporting.
Skills you’ll need to accomplish your tasks:
- At least 3 years of experience in work on civic tech and/or civic engagement projects in nonprofit sector.
- Knowledge and experience in social campaigning, and communication.
- Sound understanding of civil society organizations in Europe as well as understanding of CSOs’ technology needs and challenges in implementing technology solutions.
- Sound understanding of political developments across Europe.
- International work experience.
- BA or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field strongly preferred.
- Cultural awareness and ability to work and negotiate across different cultures and languages.
- Excellent command of English.
- Excellent writing skills and social media experience.
For your contribution and passion, we can offer:
- An attractive international working environment where you can meet many new, inspiring people from all across the world.
- Possibility to gain experience in the social enterprise at a global scale.
- Employment contract and benefits package (medical and life insurance package included).