TechSoup Europe is a European division of TechSoup headquartered in San Francisco, CA. It is a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for social change. Through both digital platforms and in-person experiences TechSoup has delivered value to nearly one million nonprofits, charities, community organizations, and libraries in 236 countries and territories. In the last 30 years, TechSoup has connected one million non-profits and delivered more than US$10 billion in technology tools and philanthropic services from over 90 corporate and foundation partners all over the world. TechSoup Europe together with 24 partner organizations represents many different areas: media literacy, civic engagement, social innovation, and digital inclusion. We help grassroots; small, and local non-profit organizations in 48 European countries build their capacity. We equip changemakers with transformative technology products, knowledge, and services so that they benefit from technology and focus on their mission.
We are currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Project Manager who will support planning and implementation the rollout of TechSoup Europe projects portfolio. This individual will help to assure accountability and oversight for all bilateral and multilateral grant-funded project planning and implementation. Project manager is a hands-on and participative individual to support the following areas: project planning, implementation, budgeting, grant reporting, and program development. Project manager will work closely with Program leads as well as the finance and administration team. The ideal candidate has a positive, can-do attitude and is happy to lend a hand to make sure all tasks are completed correctly and on time with attention to details. The individual is an expert who anticipates the needs of both the donors and the team. This person has exceptional interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Overseeing Projects Management Process in TechSoup Europe
- Ensuring excellent delivery of capacity building technology for CSOs programs across Europe, through project management experience.
- Tracking projects resources, budgets, milestones and deliverables, including internal as well as outsourced work effort.
- Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements with funders.
- Ensure that the projects are executed in a timely manner, within a budget, and in accordance with the grant agreement.
- Assist Development Team, Program Managers, Coordinators and Budget Owners with the preparation of budgets for funding applications, and project implementation, in various formats.
- Support the project's implementation and reporting to ensure compliance with funders/grants requirements, applicable laws, approved policies and procedures including allocations and allowances. Set up policies and procedures if needed.
- Contributing to the development of standardized project management processes, and tools to manage multilateral and bilateral grants according to donor requirements.
- Implementing, and managing grant monitoring systems/tools which will provide timely and periodic reports to grantors and which will be able to identify problems that grantees are encountering in implementing their grant activities.
- Setting up, monitoring and reporting on standardized, actionable KPIs for all projects, and in risk analysis.
- Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of hands-on European grant management experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with European Union Institutions’ procedures on calls and tenders.
- Thorough knowledge of internal control systems and auditing standards.
- Experience with financial report preparation, and matrix budget preparation/compilation.
- Experience with information systems supports, proficiency in MS Office applications and experience working with several different accounting software packages required.
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Strong analytical skills. Detail-oriented and ability to work and interpret numbers, figures, and other financial information.
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, techniques, and good practices
- Patience and perseverance in understanding and explaining issues with employees.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision, be a self-starter, innovative and demonstrate the capacity for maintaining high professional standards.
- Fluency in English.
For your contribution and passion we can offer:
- An attractive international working environment where you can meet many new, inspiring people from all across the world.
- Possibility to gain experience in the social enterprise at a global scale.
- Employment contract and benefits package (medical and life insurance package included).