Director of Operations and Administration
Full-Time, Exempt position in San Francisco, CA
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
The Director of Enterprise Operations and Administration oversees administrative functions, including day to day office operations, invoice/credit card payment and tracking, 3rd party tools administration, facilities management, and general support to staff. The Director ensures that the organization has proper operational process and procedures in place, develops metrics for the tracking/reporting of administrative functions to effectively plan, maintain and improve overall efficiency and productivity of employees and the enterprise. She/he will work under the supervision of the COO, and manage employees from the Facilities, IT End User Support and Operations teams. The ideal candidate possesses good business judgement, and exhibits leadership qualities, strong problem-solving ability, is adaptable to change and a dynamic work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop metrics for each responsibility area/team; regularly report on team and individual project performance according to established metrics.
- Focus on developing and maintaining documentation/ “Standard Operating Procedures” for critical processes.
- Collaborate with other functional areas where required.
- Constantly look for opportunities, provide recommendations and implementation plans for process improvement.
- Actively provide coaching to staff and manage career development conversations.
- Work collaboratively with People and Culture to ensure a safe, supportive and nurturing environment that fosters team productivity, growth/ learning and engagement.
- Collaborate with senior leadership, communications and People and Culture to help develop internal communication strategy and be part of the implementation team.
- Manage internal communication tools (including but not limited to Staff meetings, Intranet, and Slack channels) to best engage and connect employees, remote staff, and offices for a unified, informed organization. This includes developing guidelines, monitoring the use of each tool and suggesting staff training where appropriate.
- Manage monthly all-staff meetings; support or lead org-wide events, related initiatives, and other regular/ad-hoc leadership meetings and board meetings.
- Acts as a liaison and negotiates vendor contracts, leases and deals; manages departmental budgets, apprising/ engaging the COO or CEO as needed.
- Direct all facilities management, including facilities planning, maintenance and scheduling.
- Provide leadership and direction for both short and long-term facility planning.
- Ensure the safety of buildings, maintaining building security systems and emergency preparedness plans with the operations teams and building owners/ management.
- Partner with the P&C team for COVID-related building access tracking and compliance
- Direct all internal End User management, including asset management, process improvement, ticket resolution practices, upgrades and internal customer service, policy review and training
- Provide leadership and direction for both short and long-term projects managed by the IT End User Support Team
- Works closely with the Senior Director of Infrastructure to manage priorities and delivery of Information Systems related projects based on the business needs.
- Provides TechSoup end users with information, tools and environment to enable them to work productively and efficiently. Investigate and identify tools and systems to improve efficiency for TechSoup employees.
- Engages or leads special projects, as directed by COO (such as operational process assessment and improvement projects, operational metrics definition, cost analysis, etc.); prepare executive reports and presentations when needed
- Collaborate in projects with other cross-disciplinary teams, where appropriate.
- Partner with Finance in credit card tracking, audits and renewal of contracts.
- Work closely with Legal and People and Culture departments on operational projects, policy and compliance.
- 5-10 years of operations and administration experience.
- Excellent leadership and organizational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communicatiomn skills.
- Experience with Information Systems and related projects.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience with facilities management, vendor and contract management.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.