Full-Time, Non-Exempt position in San Francisco, CA
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
TechSoup seeks a customer service oriented associate who will provide workplace and operational support to TechSoup’s enterprise wide internal business operation. This team member will manage the information tech annual contracts renewals and invoice process, oversee the TechSoup intranet; administer the internal communication platforms, and support other projects as needed. This is a hands-on position that will require you to juggle a number of projects simultaneously and adjust priorities accordingly. Additionally, they will be a strategic partner working closely with the technology, communications, people and culture departments, and other key stakeholders supporting meetings, events and projects and other operations, as needed. The right candidate will be encouraged to learn and discover his or her own strengths and areas of interest, in order to develop and grow in whichever direction is of interest.
Our environment is fast-paced with a high degree of energy and commitment required but also encouraging and team-based. This is an ever-evolving role and we hope to find someone who will bring excellent organization as well as a team orientation and a genuine interest in our work and being a long term part of our organization. This position requires an active thinker who is constantly looking for pro-active ways to improve processes, and an energetic go-getter who is not afraid to try new things (or old things in new ways).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the logistical support for the monthly Allstaff meeting and other enterprise wide meetings as requested. This includes supporting the technology setup, coordinating the presentation deck, conducting the sound check, etc.
- Upload staff meeting recordings to the intranet/Slack channel
- Upload Satellite Office Newsletters to intranet/Slack channel
- Management and oversight of the Information Systems contracts, input monthly invoices into Netsuite and on-going subscriptions in order to keep all systems running smoothly.
- File, record, track and arrange regular payments for all IT contracts.
- Assists the manager, facilities with the research and development of safety and security standards. This includes evaluating safety procedures/ process for fires, earthquakes, etc.
- Creates and manages enterprise-wide on/off-boarding tracking system and communications (from computer purchase through deactivation of accounts)
- Creates and/ or manages facilities ticketing system and knowledge hub on intranet
- Administers the Zoom, Slack, Survey Gizmo and Google enterprise accounts becoming a super user of these systems and creating and supporting trainings.
- Assists with management of the facility, when necessary:
- Completing duties as assigned by the Operations Manager or his/her designee
- Responding to staff requests for assistance
- Setting up food, drinks, eating supplies for meetings and events
- Setting up and breaking down tables, chairs, furniture and equipment
- Adjusting desk chairs
- Installing keyboard trays
- Assembling/disassembling and adjusting systems furniture
- Internal moving of equipment, furniture and product (boxes)
- Recycling preparatin
- Replacing light bulbs as needed
- Painting maintenance
- Responding to general janitorial requests
- Making general repairs
- Supports the facilities team when constructing or deconstructing facilities projects, when requested. This may include meeting setup, space configurations etc.
- Coordinates with the Operations Manager on the creation and implementation of office policies and procedures.
- Provides information and feedback on space utilization and needs in order to maximize effective use of space to ensure optimum employee experience and success.
- Assists with the logistics of TechSoup enterprise-wide events, including the annual staff Holiday Party and/ or BBQ, Face to Face weeks, Board Meetings etc. (TechSoup Global Summit including Hotel bookings and transportation)
- Operations projects as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Responsible for filling in for Reception position
- Ordering of office supplies, food, and end user IT equipment
- HVAC temperature control
- Safety committee
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Customer service mindset
- Communication and influencing skills, in person and in writing, both internally and externally
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and adaptability that comes with a friendly attitude, a desire to learn and a good sense of humor
- Intellectual curiosity – strong desire to learn and grow professionally
- A positive attitude and willingness to take on projects big and small and see them through to completion
- Ability to juggle a wide range of simultaneous projects and communicate progress and/or roadblocks promptly
- Keen attention to detail and commitment to deliver high quality work
- Ability to work independently yet ask for guidance/assistance when needed
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Strong teamwork skills, including flexibility of hours
- Bilingual is preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Access, input and retrieve information from a computer to produce typed copy, free of errors, without the assistance of another person
- Willingness and capacity to work in a cubicle environment at a workstation, and to come and go repeatedly throughout the day as is necessary, to perform various responsibilities
- Visual acuity in order to perform activities such as viewing a computer monitor for extended periods of time, analyze data and figures, and read books, files and other materials.
- Capacity to communicate and enunciate adequately, in person or via telephone, in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the employee is speaking
- Capacity to pick up, leaf through, books, files, and other materials
- Willingness and capacity to sit for minimum periods of two hours at a time
- Capacity to reach forward to a high of 48 inches, to a low of 15 inches, to the side 54 inches and to the low side 9 inches above the floor
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to load discs and to change settings, devices, and fixtures on various equipment used in and around TechSoup
- Candidates must have education and work experience that demonstrates sufficient relevant skills and knowledge as well as excellent work habits and personal attributes Experience in facilities or customer service, specifically in time-pressured and often stressful situations. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-pace environment, who would describe themselves as a self-starter.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.