Senior Content and Communications Specialist
Senior Content and Communications Specialist
Location: Warsaw, Poland / Remote
About TechSoup Europe
We equip changemakers with transformative technology products, knowledge, and services so they can make social change. We connect unlikely collaborators, including NGOs, social activists, hackers, IT specialists, funders, local authorities, and business partners, thus generating innovative solutions to social challenges. We also develop communities of practice in such areas as civic engagement, supporting democracy, combating shrinking spaces for CSOs, digital education and social inclusion, so that activists from various regions can meet, learn from each other, and share their experiences.
TechSoup Europe (headquartered in Warsaw) leads the design and delivery of TechSoup programs in Europe, especially in Europe. It also supports the TechSoup Global Network of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that manage a variety of technology capacity-building programs serving communities in nearly every region of the world.
If you are interested in making impact in the space of civil society and you have an open, positive mindset and a highly collaborative, can-do attitude, we want to hear from you. You will be working closely with the TechSoup Europe team and the content and community teams based in US, as well as with our TechSoup Partner Network, and other contributors outside the organization. You will report to the Senior Strategic Communications Manager.
We aim to increase our visibility, profile, and reach throughout Europe, so that the various stakeholders such as NGOs, governments, corporate partners, and funders are aware of TechSoup, understand our work, recognize brand, and the social impact we make. In order to achieve that, you will:
- implement media communication plan for Europe, create engaging content, including writing articles, blogs or developing copy for all possible social media channels and formats (including videos), manage websites, and social media channels
- support program teams in selected projects, and campaigns to assure consistent communication across different programs.
- collaborate with diverse group of people— TechSoup Europe program teams, TechSoup global Marketing Team TechSoup Partners Network, to ensure collection of information/data for program promotion.
- be a strong contributor to an overall organization’s external and internal communication strategy
- ensure excellent content delivery, especially related to communication part of projects
- coordinate tracking, reporting, and implementation of communication projects via shared dashboards to ensure simple access to organization various reporting needs
- ensure consistency of work and diligence in fulfilling donors’ requirements regarding communication and content
- develop and coordinate editorial calendar and schedule for publishing content across target audiences and programs
- coordinate and ensure delivery of translations, publications, blogposts, and articles, working with the TechSoup team and outsourced staff and experts
- support organization of events, meet-ups, press meetings and conferences
- coordination with in-country individuals and organizations to assist in implementing trainings and education programs in communication
- providing subject-matter support on communications to TS programs, including facilitation of trainings and development of training materials
Your qualifications and competencies
- At least two years of professional experience in content creation, and communications required (experience working internationally preferred)
- BA or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field strongly preferred
- Digitally savvy: comfortable user of advanced digital content creator and collaboration tools on desktop and mobile; experience using content management systems such as WordPress and/or experience using CMS’
- Social media ninja, understanding trends
- Strong initiative, motivating and inspiring others, and assuming accountability for actions and outcomes
- Able to work independently, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong project management skills
- Attuned to multicultural environments and skilled at engaging diverse stakeholders
- Ability to manage in a dynamic and fluid environment
- A genuine interest in technology for social change, non-profits and/or volunteerism
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
For your contribution and passion, we can offer:
- A one-of-a-kind work experience with a multicultural team of enthusiastic, innovative, smart, in an international working environment where you can meet many new and inspiring people from across the world
- Full time job at the Warsaw office, or full-time remote work possible (flexibility to travel in Europe and internationally as required, including regular visits in the Warsaw office)
- A supportive environment that provides a work-life balance
- Benefits package: Premium medical plan, life insurance, pension program PPE, Multisport card
- Team-building events
- A range of opportunities to grow within the organization
- Possibility to gain experience in social enterprise at a global scale
- Broad training opportunities (online and offline)
TechSoup is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.