Program Manager, Caravan Studios (a division of TechSoup)
Full-Time, Exempt position in San Francisco, CA
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
Caravan Studios, a division of TechSoup Global, seeks an experienced program manager to lead the day-to-day implementation of the Safe Shelter Collaborative, a national technology-enabled program that helps shelter agencies find immediately available survivor-appropriate shelter for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking.
The Program Manager must be capable of leveraging program management techniques to effectively deliver initiatives across teams and in collaboration with geographically remote partners, helping to evolve the team’s overall program management methodologies and operational capacity. This role requires strong interpersonal and program management skills and an ability to thrive in a fun, agile, and rapid-learning work environment.
Reporting to the COO of Caravan Studios, the Program Manager is a high-profile role and an opportunity to contribute to a growing and dynamic team focused on creating technology solutions for social good.
Occasional domestic or international travel may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identity and refine strategies to refine the program offering.
- Document clear quarterly and annual program objectives and milestones, regularly communicating program delivery status to senior team leadership.
- Identify and, in collaboration with team members, resolve program delivery roadblocks and implement improvements to program plans and methods.
- Design, schedule, and facilitate regularly recurring program tracking meetings.
- Support the coordination, management, and analysis of program-related data.
- Help design and implement means of measuring programmatic effectiveness and impact.
- Professionally promote the vision and objectives of programs in a variety of formats and settings, such as partner meetings and conferences.
- Grant Reporting and Planning
- Provide program status updates to inform grant reporting to funders and other stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of proposed new grant project plans, timelines, and deliverables.
- Support ongoing operations for the team, including assistance with time and expense tracking; planning and coordination of program meetings; and refining standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with team members to continually enhance and improve service delivery.
- Represent the team at events and conferences, as needed.
- Strong analytical and program management skills, with a demonstrated ability to lead complex, multi-stakeholder initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead working groups/collaborative efforts with comfort and proficiency.
- Creative problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to proactively identify and improve projects and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; capacity to understand complex concepts and convey them in a straight-forward, jargon-free style.
- Due to the number of geographically remote projects partners, excellent telephone and email communication skills are required.
- Motivation to remain abreast of best practices and apply lessons in a relevant way to advance the mission of the team.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of progressive professional experience managing and leading programs or major projects in a nonprofit, foundation, or social enterprise, or equivalent.
- Additional desired skills or background:
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in sheltering or survivor assistance services for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, or human trafficking.
- Experience working with technology-related projects a plus, including an understanding of technology design and development processes.
- Multi-lingual skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.