Service Desk Engineer
Location: Warsaw, Poland / Remote due to COVID-19
Full Time – Permanent Position
TechSoup Europe is the European division of TechSoup, headquartered in San Francisco and led by Fundacja TechSoup, an independent Polish Foundation. In the last 33 years, TechSoup has connected over 1.2 million nonprofits and delivered technology tools and philanthropic services from over 100 corporate and foundation partners all over the world. TechSoup Europe together with over 40 partner organizations representing many different areas: capacity building, media literacy, civic engagement, social innovation, or digital inclusion, helps nonprofits including grassroots, small, local organizations in 53 European countries and territories build their capacity. We equip changemakers with transformative technology products, knowledge, and services so they may benefit from technology and focus on their mission.
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team that provides a solid work-life balance helping our nonprofit customers. Our team of mission-focused tech professionals is passionate about moving the social sector forward with transformative applications of technology. As a Service Desk Engineer, you will work closely with our customers assisting with new technology projects and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Service Desk Engineer is responsible for carrying out project-based work and for providing multi-level support that includes diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving user issues in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Serve as technical lead on infrastructure projects as assigned.
- Provide technical support on projects as assigned.
- Answer incoming support requests, inquiries, and emails to determine if problems are user, software, or hardware related.
- Analyze problems/issues/inquiries; address issues personally when possible; assign severity levels to the appropriate technician and follow through to resolution.
- Perform callbacks to customers ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner and that ticket information is accurate.
- Provide proactive maintenance on customer workstations as directed.
- Perform basic system administrator functions such as network user creation and password resets.
- Maintain strong customer service skills when dealing with customers, vendors, and other TechSoup’s partners.
- Advise Account Management of customer
- support or reoccurring technical issues.
- Available for scheduled on-call support. (Will receive additional compensation).
- Have a passion for supporting nonprofit organizations and an eagerness to take on new work assignments and learn new technology.
Skills you'll need to accomplish your duties
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Work well independently and within a team environment.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Frequent exposure to new and challenging problems.
- Excellent troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical users.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace.
- Passion about the job and a little sense of humor.
For your contribution and passion, we can offer...
- Supportive environment that provides a work-life balance.
- A range of opportunities to learn and grow within the organization.
- Paid Time Off - 20 or 26 days of annual leave.
- An attractive international working environment where you can meet many new, inspiring people from across the world.
- Possibility to gain experience in the social enterprise at a global scale.
- Employment contract and benefits package (medical and life insurance package included).
- Broad training opportunities (online and offline).
An amazing job at a social enterprise supporting non-governmental organizations all over the world is waiting for you. Join our team now!