Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
We believe in using technology for the greater good.
We’re a fully remote, diverse team, working from all parts of the world. We invite you to join us in our mission to build a dynamic bridge that leverages technology to enable connections and innovative solutions for a more equitable planet.
TechSoup is a global nonprofit social enterprise that connects NGOs with mission-critical resources worldwide. For over 30 years, we’ve been building partnerships with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe. Together, we are committed to helping organizations grow via our unifying technology platform, resources, and connections. Those organizations, in turn, build a brighter future for tens of millions of people. We serve both the smallest and largest nonprofits around the world through sustainable, low-cost, self-service offers delivered at scale. To date, we have enabled more than 1.4 million organizations in over 230 countries and territories receive technology tools, resources, and funding with a retail value of more than $19.1 billion. We are constantly evolving.
As technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits have the resources they need to build a brighter future for their communities.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join our global team.
About the Team
Our Finance team is a creative group from a wide range of backgrounds who have a passion for making sure TechSoup has the financial knowledge it needs to maximize its impact for Nonprofits around the world. Whether we’ve been here for over 20 years or less than 1, we have mastered the art of working remotely while continuing to meet the many needs of the org and have fun doing it.
About the Role
TechSoup’s Finance Department is looking for a hands-on team leader to work with the Vice President of Finance in a variety of tasks related to the accounting functions and financial management at a multinational 300 employee non-profit corporation. The candidate demonstrates strong collaboration, leadership, and expertise in managing the global accounting and finance function. Strong accounting and systems experience are strongly preferred. The ability to communicate well with multiple finance teams as well as senior leadership staff while maintaining confidential information is a must. A sense of humor
- Oversees and helps maintain financial accounting and reconciliations for TechSoup’s main US subsidiary as well as two of TechSoup’s international subsidiaries located in Kenya and Hong Kong
- Works with local staff and assists in the financial management of additional subsidiaries located in Poland, Colombia, and the United Kingdom
- Manages month-end and year-end close for US and overseas accounts
- Responsible for various schedules for the organization such as Depreciation, Amortization and Prepaids
- Establishes practices to use cost accounting principles to optimize tracking.
- Works with Payroll Administrator on payroll system related data enhancements and integration
Audit & Compliance
- Manages all aspects of organization’s global annual audit (as well as several smaller audits)
- Works with outside accounting firm to assemble and submit the organization’s annual 990 tax returns
- Oversees compliance and grant audits with Grant and Finance Compliance Manger
Systems & Reporting
- Assists in the implementation of the organization’s annual budget
- Helps identify and resolve data integrity issues and mapping with Director of Business Insights; works closely with our IT and Business Insights teams to optimize accounting/financial systems and processes while maximizing efficiency and accuracy of our financial data
- Oversees numerous automated reports generated by the organization’s enterprise financial system
- Supports a wide variety of ad hoc Finance projects and reports as needed
- Manages a team of 3-4 accounting staff in Finance Department, including giving directions, coaching, and delivering periodic performance evaluations
- Works with the VP of Finance and COO to support the finance team’s annual initiatives and goals to ensure a clear roadmap of priorities
- 5-10 years management experience and growing teams. 10 years general accounting experience required. 5 years NetSuite and/or similar financial system experience is strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of NetSuite or other ERP and accounting system is required
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Application Suite w/ an emphasis on Excel is strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of cloud budgeting and forecasting is strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of grant management system and best practices is strongly preferred
- Strong accounting background to perform cost analysis based on types of programs TechSoup offers
- Strong leadership skills and ability to build up the Finance team/function. Keen on developing and motivating staff high-performing careers
- Ability to be accurate and show great attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discrete fashion required
- Ability to think wholistically around systems and processes
- Ability to build solid relationships across the organization and work closely and collaboratively with key business stakeholders; communicate orally and in writing in a clear, diplomatic, and straightforward manner
- Think strategically and have a good sense of business judgment. Ability to be proactive, anticipate issues and have the initiative to solve complex problems and accomplish job duties
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, prioritizing and organizing effectively
- Ability to be dependable, work well with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations, and to escalate as needed
- Ability to work independently, with a team, and cross-departmentally.
- BS in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field or equivalent is required, MBA or MPA encouraged.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
☐Never ☐ Occasionally
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
☐Never ☐ Occasionally
- Light work that includes moving or lifting objects
Other Physical Requirements: high frequency of viewing a computer monitor
- Remote/Home Office
- Promote Trust: We listen to and learn from each other. We practice openness, collaboration, fairness, and sharing for the greater benefit of all.
- Show Courage: We step forward to create an open dialogue about complex issues and work together to forge ahead.
- Be Resourceful: We are problem solvers and constantly aim to find creative solutions to get the job done.
- Strive for an Equitable Planet: We are devoted to fostering respect, inclusion, and tolerance.
- Be Relevant: As global citizens in the changing landscape, we strive to better serve our communities, our colleagues and stakeholders, and the world at large.
- Inspire: We innovate and find new ways to create impact, to inspire, and to engage others.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.