About Caravan Studios
Caravan Studios is a division of TechSoup, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in San Francisco, CA. We build apps that help communities organize, access, and apply local resources to their most pressing problems. Whether you define community by geography, by a shared desire for change, or by a common set of skills, we believe we can work together to build tools that address community needs and make a positive impact on the world around us.
This internship is geared for individuals who are interested in developing and expanding their knowledge in research to gain a better understand regarding countries commitments to Open Government Partnership (OGP) and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). Students will also have an opportunity to explore who are corporate donor who have made any commitments to the SDG’s.
The research completed and the documents produced will guide our work in this effort. It will also inform the development of new and existing programs and services provided by Caravan Studios and TechSoup.
Ideally, the work outlined should align with the intern’s academic pursuit or area of study. Student should have an overall grade point average of 3.0 (B or better); and ideally could receive academic credit for the internship.
- Research and analyze existing data to find and map governments, organizations, communities and corporate donors who have committed to OGP and SDGs.
- Gather materials and data for various projects and reports; write summaries of project findings as requested.
- Assist with the preparation of project-related spreadsheets, websites, reports and presentations.
- Perform qualitative analysis and/or quantitative analyses of data, using computer software as applicable.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of information gathered.
- Produce tables, graphs, fact sheets, maps and written reports summarizing research results.
- Research topical areas as requested including the completion of comprehensive literature and web searches.
Skill and Experience Needed
- Excellent writing, analytical, communication, and research skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet deadlines, work collaboratively
- 10 - 16 hours per week during the school year; possibly full-time during the summer
- Remote access may be possible for some activities as appropriate and effective
- Minimum of 3 month internship; optimally 6 – 9 month
- Be a part of a nationally recognized and award-winning internship program
- College credit or field placement hours available to qualified students
- Access to extensive nonprofit and technologist network
- Further develop applicable research and planning skills
- Participate in an innovative internship where students can broaden their knowledge, skills and experience to effectively utilize tools for social good
- Work with a dynamic and enthusiastic team committed to the work and the mission of the organization, as well as to supporting and engaging interns in our efforts
- Develop Portfolio examples to share with future employers
- Access to technologically innovative ideas/products
Start Date: June 2019
Salary: This is an unpaid internship, but college credit may be available.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Mary Duffy, Director of Educational Programs, Caravan Studios