Senior Information Technology Project Manager
Full-Time, Contract position, Anywhere in U.S.
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for a portfolio of information technology projects. A focus of these projects involve Information Security and Compliance. This role will lead the project(s) from beginning to end, from initial proposal through completion, to provide our clients with innovative high quality solutions focused on their business needs. You will build and manage the project team, schedule assignments, monitor and review deliverables of project teams and ensure successful delivery and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead multiple projects concurrently; align projects with resource availability and allocation
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the precise execution of projects
- Develop project scope and objectives, involving all significant partners and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan and track progress; use appropriate verification techniques to handle changes in project scope, schedule, and costs
- Measure project performance using project management systems, tools, and techniques
- Report and raise blockers to management as needed
- Maintain the relationship with all stakeholders: executives, internal clients and project teams, and external partners
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Build and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- At least 10 years of experience with Information Technology and at least 5 years of experience in Program Management and implementation.
- Experience in eCommerce & Agile program management
- Experience in Information Systems Security and Compliance
- Experience in setting up Test Center of Excellence and establishing QA processes within client organization
- Experience in Jira and MPP a plus
- Ability to handle ambiguity and diverse/multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication, relationship-building, and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle activities without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Strong analytical skills; ability to understand concepts and make reasoned decisions with sometimes imperfect data
- Experience and desire to work in a global delivery environment; Experience working with a geographically-dispersed workforce through the use of video conferencing and Internet chat communications tools
- Should be well versed with the following program management and implementation activities:
- Project Kickoff - Meet with executive or team lead, review project methodology
- Approval to Start - Create financial plan; initiate and obtain approvals
- Analysis Readiness - Review solutions document with architecture team
- Design Readiness - Create and submit project expenditure report for approval
- Construction Readiness - Review solution design with architecture team and technical lead
- Integration Test Readiness - Review test strategy and release strategy with test management
- Approval to Go Live – Present test results, risk and mitigations for Go Live
- Close Out - Complete project closure checklist
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Project Management Professional/Certified Scrum Master a plus.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.