Account Management Team Supervisor
Full-Time, Exempt position in San Francisco, CA
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
The Account Management Team Supervisor manages Account Management Specialist (AMS) performance levels and coordinates team resources to ensure customer inquiries are responded to efficiently and with quality. The position is expected to arbitrate complex issues to resolve them as quickly as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Allocate time effectively between on-the-floor monitoring of regular daily activities, assessing performance results, intra-departmental tasks assigned, process improvement and attending required meetings. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting agents with questions, troubleshooting staff system issues, alerting Helpdesk or other partner departments, answering inquiries from other departments, and making necessary changes to work assignments.
- Setting agent goals, reviewing performance and acting on results as needed; daily, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Acting on intra-departmental tasks assigned by the AMG Manager and/or Director.
- Proactively identifying and making recommendations on process improvement ideas or suggestions. Working within department guidelines to implement approved recommendations.
- Leading and/or participating in required meetings. Being prepared for meetings as needed.
- Provide supervision, call monitoring, coaching, and training to Account Management Specialists.
- Supply regular feedback and improvement suggestions to leadership and AMS staff regarding service quality, training opportunities, standards and processes, optimization of services and internal and external content in order to continuously improve efficiency and quality of services.
- Review performance while exercising confidentiality and privacy in accordance with department and Human Resources policies. Function as liaison and facilitate concerns to and from the Account Management Manager and Human Resources when necessary.
- Communicate solutions, successes, and opportunities to the Manager of Account Management Group.
- Practice and ensure compliance with TechSoup policies and procedures.
- Serve as a point of escalation for customer inquiries and work phone and emails as required, especially during times of high queue volume.
- Maintain high skill level and retain up-to-date knowledge of customer issues and concerns.
- Participate in screening and interviewing AMS candidates.
- Support special projects assigned by the Manager of Account Services and other duties as required.
- One to two years of recent management experience. Demonstrated experience in setting day to day direction, motivating and coaching, conflict resolution, and evaluating employee performance with enthusiasm, fairness, and objectivity.
- Experience providing effective customer service through high volume telephone calls and emails.
- Experience preparing clear, comprehensive materials for user support.
- Prior leadership experience desired, either currently in or having recently held a position that has shown progressive growth in a leadership role.
- Superb customer service skills with the ability to listen, empathize, and respond in a friendly and professional manner to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to diagnose user problems and apply appropriate solutions, even when client is working remotely, and to fully and accurately document each customer interaction in the client database.
- Strong internet research skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Customer Relationship Management and other databases, and standard computer equipment.
- Clear and calm verbal and written communication with external customers and internal staff, particularly in high pressure situations.
- High initiative with regard to problem ownership, resolution and follow through.
- Ability to multitask, be flexible and adaptable, and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a regular onsite schedule during peak business hours.
Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged telephone duties using handset, headset, and computer, as well as capacity to dial or otherwise use telephone to place calls.
- Prolonged keyboard duties, including typing for extended periods.
- Access, input and retrieve information from a computer to produce typed copy, free of errors, without the assistance of another person.
- Willingness and capacity to work in a cubicle environment at a workstation.
- Ability to perform activities such as viewing a computer monitor for extended periods of time, analyze data and figures, and read books, files and other materials.
- Ability to communicate and enunciate adequately, in person or via telephone, in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the employee is speaking
- Capacity to pick up, leaf through, books, files, and other materials.
- Willingness and capacity to sit for minimum periods of two hours at a time
- Capacity to reach forward to a high of 48 inches, to a low of 15 inches, to the side 54 inches and to the low side 9 inches above the floor.
- Ability to lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to load discs and to change settings, devices, and fixtures on various equipment used in and around TechSoup.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.