Customer Success Intern
- Customer Success
- Student (College)
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
An internship at TechSoup is not just a learning experience; it is an opportunity to be challenged and make a meaningful contribution. You will work on projects that make an impact on the world.
This is a paid, remote position. Candidates must be available to work within normal PDT time-zone working hours (8:00 AM PDT to 4:30 PM PDT or 9:00 AM PDT to 5:30 PM PDT, typically).
The TechSoup Customer Success team supports customers, primarily non-profit organizations (NGOs), to meet their needs, address their challenges, and coach them on the best ways to use TechSoup’s offering – strengthening the depth of our engagements with nonprofits for maximum satisfaction and sustainability outcomes. Our customers are successful when they are fully aware of and getting value from the broad portfolio of products we offer to execute their respective mission.
As a Business Analyst Intern on the Customer Success (CS) team, you will support multi-functional teams, analyze business data, and enable customer success by creating customer assets and contributing to the development of new processes to streamline team operations. In addition, you will work with our Customer Success team, which acts as a trusted advisor to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in monitoring customer KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), and making recommendations on improvements.
- Review data repositories and make recommendations to streamline information and archive outdated data.
- Create processes to support streamlined reporting, metrics, and knowledge management, leveraging the existing tools available to the team.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to execute critical initiatives
- Identify and implement improvements to current end-to-end Customer Success and onboarding processes for strategic customer engagements
Goals for the intern
- Learn and develop knowledge in the nonprofit vertical
- Develop experience and skills in business process improvement strategies
- Curate and develop product education collateral
- Work with CSM team members to continually improve customer engagements
- Help build workflows, reports, and dashboards
- Learn how to solve business problems by understanding the story that the data tells us.
How will you measure success?
- Successful completion of projects
- Defined processes for reporting and knowledge management
- Produce high-quality assets that the team can re-use internally and leverage with ongoing customer engagements
- Must be technically savvy and demonstrate a high level of competency using Excel, Word, Google Docs, etc.
- Exceptional data analysis ability with high proficiency in Excel (lookups, pivot tables, advanced formulas and arrays, long-term modeling)
- Basic knowledge of data concepts, queries, and data/reporting tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, or SQL
- Strong communication and leadership skills demonstrated through leadership positions in community, school, or other programs
- Professional, outgoing, energetic personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand with minimal guidance.
- Strong organizational and analytical problem-solving skills, along with superb attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills and can easily translate complex information into easily consumable insights.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interact professionally with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to multitask while managing deadlines, perform well under pressure, work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, start-up-paced environment where priorities change rapidly and require seamless pivoting to a new project
Any combination of education and experience providing the skill and knowledge for successful participation and learning in the internship would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Must be actively and presently enrolled in an accredited college or university at an undergraduate or graduate level.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Please note that this is the only application channel. Applications received through other avenues will not be considered.