Director, Web Marketing and Strategy
Come work with us!
At TechSoup you'll find the raw energy of a start-up, an extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone! We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change.
If you think changing the world sounds like a fulfilling way to spend your day, if you want to use your technical and organizational skills to help low-income and disadvantaged people, if you want to work in a fun, challenging, and creative environment, come work with us!
As a key member of the Marketing, Communications, and CX team, this role will bring leadership to designing and implementing a cohesive customer experience across all of TechSoup’s online presence.
You will work closely with designers, marketing, content creators, and other internal business stakeholders to bring to life the TechSoup brand and value proposition across all website properties with a customer-first approach. You will foster an environment of collaboration, transparency, innovation, and continuous improvement with any and all teams committed to delivering an outstanding customer experience.
You’ll need to be an expert in web and mobile development, UX/UI, testing and optimization, and analytics that will help us bring our customer engagement to the next level and have a meaningful impact. You have a deep understanding of the technical aspects of managing multiple web properties, including analytics, UX, technical and content SEO, domain management, site architecture, user behavior tools and planning/budgeting.
Ideally, you are a marketing technologist and strategist whose background includes a wide range of digital marketing expertise, with a strong understanding of e-commerce functionality and supporting a global web experience.
- Build, grow, and lead a talented cross-functional team that includes web producers, designers, and UX resources.
- Lead this team to collaborate with other TechSoup teams to improve the current customer experience across TechSoup web properties around the world
- Manage implementation of website features and functions to scale with business across segments, product offerings, verticals, partners and regions
- Optimize web project management: meeting all deadlines and improving efficiency while maintaining the highest standards of quality web development.
- Be responsible for publishing and maintaining the TechSoup NGO Marketplace content, including article and blog publishing, marketing landing pages and campaigns, brochureware websites or other web-related needs.
- Implement user testing best practices and processes to optimize websites and other digital experiences - using both qualitative and quantitative data to inform and prioritize decisions, measuring outcomes against baselines.
- Identify, define and recommend website-related KPIs on which we measure conversion and impact on the business’s goals and collaborate with analytics to improve performance for our sites
- Lead SEO function and hold the broader marketing and content team accountable to deliver against joint initiatives to increase site traffic
- Partner with Brand and Communication teams to ensure a consistent brand experience across all customer/prospect engagement points
- Advise stakeholders on best practices spanning user experience, new capabilities, and digital strategy compliance
- Collaborate with executive and technology teams to create a roadmap for all TechSoup web properties.
- 10+ years experience with digital properties including 3+ years in a leadership position.
- Strong leadership ability, taking initiative, motivating and inspiring others, and assuming accountability for actions and outcome
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully
- Experience managing a distributed team and providing skills development plans for team growth
- Strong understanding of digital marketing practices and tools (HubSpot, Marketo) and experience implementing and integrating them through web properties
- Experience with implementation and administration of content management systems
- Strong eye for visual design, including responsiveness and UX/UI design fundamentals and best practices
- Experience with user research and testing
- Experience with user behavior tools like Google Tag Manager, CrazyEgg, and Hotjar
- Up to date knowledge of technical and content SEO best practices and standards
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at the executive level
- Knowledge of modern website frameworks, including Bootstrap, Foundation, React and Angular.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.