TechSoup Europe is the European division of TechSoup, headquartered in San Francisco, CA. In the last 30 years, TechSoup has connected over 1 million nonprofits and delivered more than US$10 billion in technology tools and philanthropic services from over 90 corporate and foundation partners all over the world. TechSoup Europe together with 24 partner organizations representing many different areas: digital transformation, capacity building, media literacy, civic engagement, or digital inclusion, helps nonprofits including grass-roots, small, local organizations in 48 European countries build their capacity. We help grassroots; small, and local non-profit organizations in 48 European countries build their capacity. We build communities of practitioners, by creating offline and online opportunities for networking, and meeting, equipping changemakers with transformative technology products, knowledge, and services so that they benefit from technology and focus on their mission.
This is an exciting job for a professional Senior Project Manager with interest in social change through media literacy, civic engagement, and technology.
The Senior Project Manager will lead planning and implementation of an exciting multi-million, multi-partner, international project for NGOs capacity building in the Central and Eastern Europe.
We are looking for a talented and energetic Senior Project Manager to lead a complex, grant funded Media Literacy and technology project in the Central and Eastern Europe.
This individual will be accountable for the project, and the project team management, its planning, implementation, budgeting, and reporting. We are looking for a strong professional with ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines in complex environment, oral communication, writing and analytical skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents; strong interpersonal skills. Senior PM also needs to be highly organized while being able to demonstrate a flexible approach to work. Previous management experience is a must, as PM manages projects, resources and a wide partnership.
The ideal candidate has a positive, can-do attitude and is happy to lend a hand to make sure all tasks are completed correctly and on time with attention to details. The individual is an expert who anticipates the needs of the team, partners, and donors. This person has exceptional interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
The position is based out of TechSoup European headquarters in Warsaw, Poland. MP works out of creative and dynamic office in a highly matrixed environment. Be ready to travel. Ability to work internationally - across different cultures, languages and in spite of the distance is an absolute must.
Project Specific Responsibilities:
Responsibility for project management, in particular:
- Ensuring excellent project delivery through project management experience.
- Coordinating the entire project lifecycle, including development of work plans, ensuring alignment with project/funder specifications, tracking, reporting, and implementation
- Communicating project progress and other developments to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
- Tracking and managing project resources, milestones and deliverables, including internal as well as outsourced work effort
- Project team management (including team members, and contractors)
- Creating and managing project working plans and working budgets
- Projects budget management, including budget planning and implementation, flexible response to project changes and adjusting budget implementation to them, management of several sources of project financing, in line with different formal guidelines of the funders
- Ensuring consistency of process and sponsor/funder satisfaction, with a solid understanding of funders’ formal requirements, and ensuring compliance.
- Analysis and management of project risks
- External Stakeholder management, including partner sourcing, partner escalation and ongoing partner management, including monitoring, and overseeing of partners sub-grants
- Coordination with in-country individuals and organizations to assist in implementing projects for country activity
- Assisting in the definition and establishment of consistent project management policies and guidelines
- Establishing, an executing actionable usage metrics, evaluation plans for projects, balance scorecards, and key performance indicators
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience with project management with a proven delivery record; especially larger projects with budgets above million EUR and working with many stakeholders on an international level
- Experience in the nonprofit sector a plus.
- BA or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field strongly preferred
- Significant professional experience working internationally.
- Experience with business metrics and key performance indicators.
- Must have excellent planning and organization skills; Strong working proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong communications skills
- Attuned to multicultural environments and skilled at engaging diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively and with sensitivity across barriers such as language, culture and distance
- Ability to develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage in a dynamic and fluid environment
- Comfortable with collaboration and matrixed reporting structures
- Fluency in English, both oral and written communications; other language a plus.
- Flexibility to travel in Europe and internationally as required
- Based in Warsaw.
For your contribution and passion we can offer:
- An attractive international working environment where you can meet many new, inspiring people from all across the world.
- Possibility to gain experience in the social enterprise at a global scale.
- Employment contract and benefits package (medical and life insurance package included).